Yes the "stupid" tag may sound harsh, but I'm not particularly interested in playing the nice guy in this situation. The fact is that too many Christians are exactly like the society they live in, completely preoccupied with themselves. This is arrogant and the source of many of the problems confusing Christianity today.
I have very little patience for the Christian that lives like he owns his life. If you call yourself a Christian, you have subjected yourself to a standard that says that your life and worth is tied up in Christ, that you are, as Paul says, His slave.
Instead, people live as if God is out there waiting to work for me, to give, do or tell me what I want to hear.
This is wrong. I cannot overstate that. This is wrong. If I say I follow Christ, my life is not my own. Anything else is a lie or a cheapened version of reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment